Terms of Service
Independence Meals on Wheels, Inc. And Recipient
The Parties agree as follows:
- Independence Meals on Wheels, Inc.
Independence Meals on Wheels agrees to provide the following:
Section I. Delivery of Meals
- Deliver meals to recipient’s place of residence using volunteer drivers.
- Meals will be delivered between 10:30 a.m. and noon.
- Meal delivery is provided Monday through Friday, excluding some Holidays.
- Drivers are required to see each Recipient. When no response is received, a caregiver or emergency response will be made.
Section II. Special Diets
- Upon notification, special diets will be provided. (Telephone No. 254-9566)
Section III. Inclement Weather
- Deliveries are not made when bad weather conditions create hazardous driving conditions. Cancellations are announced on local TV-4 News.
- Deliveries may not be made if road or sidewalk conditions are such that place volunteer drivers at risk.
- Deliveries are not made when the Independence Schools are closed due to bad weather conditions.
Section IV. Cost and Payments
- The cost per noon meal delivered is $4.75.
- The cost per added entrée only delivered with noon meal is $3.50.
- Volunteer Drivers will collect payments on Friday of each week. (Cash or Check only)
Section V. Service Initiation
- Begin service on requested start date, or within one week of signed agreement
Recipient agrees as follows:
Section I. Cancellations
- Notify the Independence Meals on Wheels, Inc. office by noon the day prior to a cancellation. (Telephone No. 254-9566)
- Agree to pay for meal when notification of cancellation was not made.
- Payments left with MOW after cancellation will be considered a donation if not requested within 90 days of discontinued service.
Section II. Receiving Meals
- Be available to receive the meal unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Provide a safe passage for the delivery.
- Notify the Office of delivery instructions, such as leaving a cooler at the door to place the meal in. (Telephone No. 254-9566)
Section III. Indemnification
- Save Meals on Wheels, Inc. harmless for food spoilage due to delay in eating the meal or left unrefrigerated.
Section IV. Payments
- Have payments ready for the driver to pick up on Friday,
- Make checks payable to Independence Meals on Wheels, Inc.
- Payments may be mailed to Independence Meals on Wheels, Inc. at 409 N. Liberty, Independence, MO 64050.
Section V. Animals
- For safety of the drivers, please see that all animals are restrained at the time of meal deliveries.
Independence Meals on Wheels
409 N Liberty
Independence MO. 64050